Mornington Players Theatre Company invite you to audition for our production of The Wedding
Singer, performing at Cranbourne Community Theatre from August 31 - September 8, 2018.
Director | Nick Rees
Musical Directors | Po Goh & Kevin Nguyen
Choreographer | Jess Hickey
Production Manager | Joshua Sunderland
• All cast are to be 16-25 years of age by August 31, 2018.
Monday 21 May @ 7:00pm-10:00pm
Tuesday 22 May @ 7:00pm-10:00pm
Thursday 24 May @ 7:00pm-10:00pm
More audition dates may be added if a high number of applicants express their interest.
Callbacks will take place on Sunday 27 May @ 1:00pm-5:00pm. Notification of those required will be made by Friday 25 May. The dance call will also take place on this day, so please wear appropriate clothing and shoes to dance in. Please note that not all roles will require a callback or a dance call.
Audition Information or Requirements
• All auditions are scheduled by appointment only.
• Auditions will be allocated in ten-minute sessions.
• Please prepare two contrasting songs that showcase your vocal range and acting ability. Please choose
an appropriate starting place and note that the panel may not need to hear all your pieces.
• Piano accompaniment will be provided should you need them, self-accompaniment or own
accompanist is also permitted. Unaccompanied auditions will not be accepted.
• MP3 backing tracks are also permitted - please have your backing or karaoke track/s ready on a mobile,
tablet or computer device with an AUX upon arrival.
• Auditionees may be required to do a cold read of a script excerpt during their audition.
• Auditionees may be required to complete vocal exercises/scales during their audition.
• Auditionees may be required to learn a simple dance routine during their audition.
• Please arrive fifteen minutes prior to your scheduled audition time to complete all necessary
registration details. Please provide a non-returnable, current, clear photo of yourself, and an up-to-date
resume (if available).
• The actor portraying the role of Robbie Hart will be required to play basic guitar. If you would like to be
considered for this role and have a guitar, please bring it to your audition.
• Please note that we will not be auditioning for the role of Rosie Hart.
Somerville Mechanics Hall
66 Station St, Somerville VIC 3912, Australia
• Rehearsals will commence Sunday 3 June @ 1:30pm-5:30pm.
• Rehearsals will be held Tuesday evenings (7:30pm-10:30pm), Thursday evenings (7:30pm-10:30pm)
and Sunday afternoon (1:30pm-5:30pm).
• Most rehearsals will be held at Somerville Mechanics Hall, 66 Station St, Somerville 3912.
• Rehearsal locations are subject to change, but plenty of notice will be given in these instances.
• A compulsory sitz probe will be held on Sunday 26 August, on the same day as bump in.
Production Week & Show Dates
• Production week will commence on Sunday 26 August and all cast will be expected to involved with
bump in on this day.
• Technical and dress rehearsals will take place from Monday 27 August - Thursday 30 August, in the
• Performance dates and times include:
- Friday 31 August @ 8:00pm
- Saturday 1 September @ 8:00pm
- Sunday 2 September @ 3:00pm
- Friday 7 September @ 8:00pm
- Saturday 8 September @ 3:00pm
- Saturday 8 September @ 8:00pm
• In-theatre call times during production week will be provided closer to bump in. All successful
auditionees must be available for all of these times.
Membership & Show Fees
• All successful auditionees will be required to become financial members of Mornington Players Theatre
Company. Membership prices are $30 for adults, $25 for child/concession or $50 for family
• All successful auditionees will be required to pay a show fee of $150, which will include a promotional
Cast Size & Requirement
• The Wedding Singer will consist of an onstage cast of between 20-25 people.
• This show calls for a cast that is prepared to have fun, work hard and show commitment.
TO BOOK YOUR AUDITION
and follow the prompts!
Any questions, queries or concerns?
Something arises on the day of your audition?
Not sure how to navigate the website?
Please contact the Audition Secretary (Daragh Wills) directly
on 0466 098 860
Unanswered calls will be returned at the earliest convenience. Feel free to leave a text with your name and number.
Robbie Hart | Male | B3-C6
The lead singer of the band. Handsome and charismatic. A truly nice guy that has the classic lead singer
aura and personality, but is also a bit of a dreamer. In love with love itself, until Linda leaves him at the altar
and breaks his heart. The actor playing Robbie must have excellent comedic skills and timing, and will be
required to play or learn basic guitar to play live on stage.
Note: Those auditioning for the role of Robbie Hart who can play or have a guitar are encouraged to bring
their guitar or accompany themselves during their audition.
Julia Sullivan | Female | F5-63
A waitress and the pretty ‘girl next door’ in looks and personality. Engaged to Glen, but quickly falls in love
with Robbie and is conflicted as to who to choose. Empathetic, caring and brave.
Holly Sullivan | Female | A3-E5
Julia’s cousin, and also a waitress. Promiscuous and always up for a good time. Wants to be loved, but
consistently looks for romantic fulfilment in all the wrong places. Holly is in love with Sammy.
Sammy | Male | A5-C4
The bass player in the wedding band and one of Robbie’s best friends. A complete ‘guy’s guy’ and puts on
the facade of loving the bachelor life, when he is truthfully in love with Holly.
George | Male | A5-C4
The wedding band’s keyboardist and one of Robbie’s best friends. He is sensitive and flamboyant, and the
foil to Sammy’s ‘guy’s guy’ attitude. Based loosely off singer-songwriter Boy George.
Glen Guglia | Male | B5-D4
Julia’s fiancé and a Wall Street broker. He is rich, shallow and materialistic, constantly trying to buy Julia’s
love with money. He is a bit of a womaniser.
Linda | Female | D5-A3
Robbie’s fiancé who leaves him at the altar. Keep Robbie around as a backup plan. Linda is more in love
with the idea of Robbie being a rockstar than she actually is with Robbie.
Ensemble | Male & Female | various vocal ranges
To play various roles including: Couples, wedding guests, wedding parties, stock brokers, impersonators,
etc. The ensemble of The Wedding Singer need to be versatile, have the ability to work hard and perform
to an excellent standard.